1. Chop up all the vegetables into small pieces.
2. Heat the oil over medium high heat in a frying pan. Add ginger and garlic first and add the chopped onion, carrots, burdock and maitake.
3. Add soy meat and maitake mushroom and stir fry a little bit more.
4. Sprinkle in some salt, curry powder and miso paste. Mix well.
5. Add A, and bring it to a simmer. Only stir the sauce if it looks like it is sticking to the pan.
6. After it thickens, turn off the heat and serve with Japanese style short grain rice.